Monday, August 26, 2013

Getting Started


 A friend suggested I start a blog about  my scooter adventures and other fun things in the life of a retiree.  Before we go any further, let me make it clear that I LOVE retirement!  The best part is getting up in the morning when I  wake up, without a clock or any designated time.  When my body says it is time to get up, I do.  Doesn't matter if it is 7:30 or 9:30.  It's usually about 8:30.  And believe it or not I usually wake up thinking about the things I need to get done.  Even after 5+ years of retirement I still have the daily mindset of having to be productive.  But if at all possible, I make all my appointments either late morning or early afternoon and start my productivity later in the day.

After grinding the beans for coffee, making breakfast, working the word jumbles, reading the paper, and cleaning the kitchen then I begin my to-do list for the day.  All is not fun and games but I do try to take time to do some of the fun things I didn't have time to do when I was working, taking night college courses, and raising 5 daughters.

One of my favorite things to do on a beautiful summer day is to hop on my Yamaha TMAX 500 scooter and head out for a day of exploring.  On such a day I  tell my wife, "See ya, I'm heading out" and she graciously says, "Have fun" as I leave.  Riding and exploring gives me such a sense of freedom and happiness that I want to exclaim, "What a great day to be alive!" as I turn down a road I have never been on before, just to see where it goes. 









2 comments:

  1. I dare you to buy a megaphone and shout it out to the passer-byers...."It's a great day to be alive!" :)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to get your feedback.