Monday, August 26, 2013

Curtis' BBQ




My friends know I love BBQ, especially pulled pork.  So far, Tennessee has the best pulled pork that I have ever had but that doesn't stop me from looking for the next best BBQ where ever I am.  One of the most unique BBQ places that I have ever been is Curtis' BBQ in Putney, Vermont.  Hopefully I can find the video interview with him and his pig C.J.  Cracks me up every time.  C.J. is his pet hog that actually stays in the area where Curtis is cooking.  Here it it:

 Interview with Curtis of Curtis BBQ Putney Vermont

 BBQPilgrim.com says- C.J. the pot-bellied pig entertains visitors young and old who come to Curtis' Barbecue in Putney, Vermont. But Curtis points out that the good-natured pig also has another important role. "He's my supervisor," Curtis said. "He makes sure I'm doing a good job." This is the second pot bellied pig that Curtis has had for a pet. "The first one, Isabelle was 250 pounds," he said. "C.J.'s only about 80 pounds. But he's a good little guy"-

In a previous interview with Curtis somone asks him how C.J. feels about him cooking ribs.  Curtis replies, " He don't know any better, I tell him it's chicken."  Here's his website:  Curtis BBQ Website .  Curtis does chicken and ribs but no pulled pork.

I recommend you drive up and check out his food at least once.  It is an unforgettable experience.  I love Curtis!

Curtis' BBQ    

 7 Putney Landing Rd  Putney, VT 05346
     (802) 387-5474

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it's worth a road trip! Thanks for suggesting it, Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad to inform you that Curtis passed away earlier this year, 2021

    ReplyDelete

Would love to get your feedback.