Saturday, June 5, 2021

McKinstry Farms (and Ice Cream)

 McKinstry Farms (and Ice Cream)

view of old store: Old McKinstry's

 753 Montgomery St, Chicopee, MA 01013

 (413) 536-2043

https://mckinstryfarms.com/

 

From McKinstry's Market Garden:
 
"McKinstry's Market Garden specializes in locally grown, farm-fresh produce at our seasonal roadside stand in Chicopee, Massachusetts. Known far and wide for our early sweet corn and flowers, our customers line up in long lines so not to miss out. In fact, we ship our sweet corn all over the country."
 
See them lined up:  Lined Up For Corn


 Welcome to the "new kid on the block".  Everyone in the area knows that Mckinstry's Market is very popular for their corn during the season.  In fact there is almost a continuous flow of shoppers stopping by to pick up their daily of corn and produce.  But those days are gone.  Now there is a bigger and better McKinstry's  at the same location.  Gone is the old store, replaced by a brand new store which now includes greenhouses for flowers and garden vegetables.

I must admit that after hearing they were going to build a whole new complex there, I drove by several times to check out their progress.  I was not impressed with it because most times I saw that the old building was gone but I did not see much else different except some earth moving equipment in operation. As Spring neared I wondered why things were proceeding so slowly and where are we going to get our corn this year?  

Not to worry!  On a more recent drive by, I was amazed to see that they have completed a brand new building with green houses, and a flag blowing in the wind proclaiming that they are OPEN!

 



A lot of my recent blog posts have been about ice cream places because this is the time of year when many of us like to get out and enjoy a nice ice cream cone.  And that is why I call them the new kid on the block:

TA DA!  MCKINSTRY'S NOW SELLS ICE CREAM!



click for McKinstry Ice Cream Video

  

I haven't had a chance to try their ice cream yet but I am not too worried.  I have never found an ice cream cone that I didn't like.

If you are in the area, stop to check them out. Their hours are listed in the video above.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to get your feedback.