Thursday, June 3, 2021

Danny's Little Taste of Texas (BBQ) South Windsor, CT

 

 Danny's Little Taste of Texas (updated 6-15-21)

1750 Ellington Road

South Windsor, CT 06074

860-436-1236

https://www.dannyslittletasteoftexas.com/restaurant-menus/

 Intro from his website:

"Owner Danny Bell brings a bit of Texas to Connecticut with Danny’s Little Taste of Texas. Bell lived in Texas for a time and got the full experience of authentic Texas barbecue. Bell then decided he wanted to bring those experiences with him to CT and open Danny’s Little Taste of Texas. For over 14 years Little Taste of Texas has been serving residents of CT and all over New England some of Texas’s Best BBQ. Authentic Texas BBQ means that the meat is Dry rubbed with special spices, wood smoked and slow cooked. The smoker brings out the flavors, and nobody can dispute how good a smoker chugging away smells....."

From time to time over the years I have visited two BBQ places in the general South Windsor/Manchester area.  The other is gone but Danny's Little Taste of Texas is still going strong and looks just the way I remember it.

 

 


As you can see, things are reasonably priced and there are a lot of options.  They also do catering.

 

It is brightly decorated and inviting.


Today my wife and I were in the area and stopped there for a late lunch.   I had a pulled pork sandwich and my wife tried a smoked sausage dog with a side of macaroni and cheese.  I enjoyed mine but as usual her meal tasted better than mine, so I might try that the next time.  What did catch my eye was the Mac Toppers which are a container of macaroni and cheese with a choice of various meats on top. Very reasonably priced and I know the macaroni and cheese is good.

 


 

 June 15, 2021 Update:  Tried that Mac Topper today and it was very good! Macaroni and cheese topped with a good portion of pork BBQ. Other toppings are available but I stuck with the pork.

 

 

 


       (I hope no one will report me to Joe's Kansas City BBQ for eating at another place.)

 
 
I went in the smaller side entrance but had to come out the larger main entrance.  I wonder why?

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna report you to Joe's KC! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please don't. I still love Joe's KC BBQ. It is just a looong drive!

      Delete

Would love to get your feedback.