Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Is Spring Really Here?

As you can tell, I have been keeping a low profile this winter.  It is Spring now isn't it?  It is hard to tell especially waking up this morning with a dusting of snow on the ground. 

Since this blog is supposed to be about my adventures, discoveries, trips, and exploring things, I haven't done much worth reporting--- except our trip to Kenya, maple sugaring, visiting the Old Mill Bookstore, viewing some unique tombstones in an old cemetery, and taking pictures of a house that always fascinates me.  Although it is a private residence now, it certainly looks like it used to be a water-powered mill.  I want to see inside it so badly that I am thinking of knocking on their door and offering them $5.00 to let me take a quick look around.

Perhaps my first "Spring" report will be about that house.  It is located on Rt 47 in North Hadley.


Here's the view from the bridge heading toward the house.
Close-up of where the waterwheel must have been.

  Can't you just imagine this water running through a chute that turned a waterwheel which provided power to a mill?  Can you also imagine what sleeping must be like here with the constant sound of that water running?  What a great location for a bed and breakfast!  I would be there in a flash!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to get your feedback.