Monday, September 9, 2013

Life is Good



 I am pretty outgoing so it was not out of character for me to approach a stranger at the recent Franklin County Fair, with my hand extended for a handshake, smiling as I said, "It sure is", intending to convey a sense of kinship with a fellow Life is Good t-shirt wearer.   Apparently my "friend" did not share that connection because he left my hand dangling there in midair not even hinting at a smile and hardly making eye contact.  His wife got it, and mumbled, "Life is good" to him as they kept walking, still probably convinced that I was a salesman, mugger, kook, con man or panhandler at the least.





My immediate reaction at being "rejected" was annoyance, perhaps a little bit of anger; maybe peeved is a better word.  Then I thought of a quote I recently saw on Facebook.

        Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.                                                Be kind.  Always.

Please keep this in mind the next time you run into a person or situation that is less than pleasant and act accordingly.  Don't add to their burden.  You might even consider praying for them and their unknown situation.  And don't wear a t-shirt that says it if you don't believe it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to get your feedback.